We are loving this recipe by Jessica Sepel. It is the perfect breakfast alternative or snack and hello! It tastes DELISH! Serve with your favourite flavoured yoghurt or have it on its own.
(Image courtesy of: jessicasepel.com)
3 cups mixed berries, fresh or frozen
2 cups rolled oats
¼ cup chia seeds
¼ cup pumpkin seeds
2 tbsp protein powder of choice (optional)
2 ½ cups milk of choice (we use almond milk)
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp hulled tahini
- Preheat the oven to 160°C
- Spread half of the berries across the base of a baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the rolled oats, chia seeds, pumpkin seeds and protein powder (if using). Stir to combine and pour evenly over the top of the berries.
- In a blender, combine the banana, milk, cinnamon, vanilla and hulled tahini. Blend until smooth. You can also whisk the ingredients together by hand if you don’t have access to a blender.
- Pour the wet mix evenly over the top of the oats. Give the baking dish a little shake to help the milk settle through the dry ingredients.
- Sprinkle the remaining berries on top and place in the preheated oven to bake for 25-30 minutes